Organic SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
Organic SEO requires the modification of a number of aspects on a websites content (Technical SEO), both on-page and off-page changes made in order to help the search engines locate you through your content and to assist in engaging with your users more effectively, based on a target audience as well as increasing search engine results related to specific keywords and phrases. These keywords are indicative and relevant to what the target audience would search for.
The order in which search engine results appear is determined by the algorithms of the chosen search engine and are based on many key factors, such as keywords , keyword relevance, domain authority and page authority, brand popularity and many, many more. Overall web traffic and social signals from trending social media and content allow the search engines to understand the users semantic meaning of the query the user has entered.
There are many SEO consultants and agencies out there that will try to cheat the system in order to manipulate what the search engines see and therefore the results, hoping to influence their rankings. This is known as Black / Grey Hat SEO. Here at Howzit Media Marketing & Consulting, we use only the industries best practices, and adhere to Google’s Webmaster Guidelines. We do not have to worry when Google does and algorithm change as it hardly effects our clients search results. This is generally known as White Hat SEO and we take pride in sticking to these honest methods and approach to Organic Search Engine Optimization.
We also need to understand that there are ranking changes that affect our overall domain authority and there are search results, factors that we can introduce on and off page that ensure that we are more easily found.
Marketing: SEO consulting | Organic SEO / White Hat SEO
With now over 20 years of SEO campaigns and consulting experience under our belt we are well positioned and have the experience to either move your business online or take your online business to a new level.
Onsite and Offsite SEO Techniques (Search Engine Optimization) play an important role in Online Marketing. They are techniques that really go “back to the basics” on some level, when it comes to marketing your your Business online.
Onsite SEO Techniques
Onsite SEO techniques are those which the name suggests “Onsite“, they include some of the following.
- Web standard compliant website or platform.
- Correct canonical redirects in place.
- Correct usage of the Meta robots tags.
- Inclusion of rich snippets.
- Site to be at least mobile friendly, responsive is better.
- Inclusion of social media buttons.
- Correct usage of H1-H6 headers and the suitable keyword content at all levels.
- All images to have descriptive alt tags filled in.
- Fast page load speed.
- High Quality Unique content.
- Clearly discernible architecture for the sales funnel.
- Set language.
- Include some form of analytics.
- We still like to use all Meta data where possible.
Offsite SEO Techniques and Requirements
Offsite SEO, in terms of the SEO consultant, is ensuring that a level of reputation management is maintained as well as the standards of the offsite content that is distributed. “Offsite” SEO requirements would be some of the following.
- Social media platform integration within your bracket of influence, these should currently include at a minimum, Facebook, Google+, Twitter, LinkedIn and Pinterest.
- Offsite Blogging Platforms.
- Local Directory Services.
- Forum Posts.
- Link monitoring.
- Regular and consistent posting of high quality material.
- Analytics tracking
As you can see there are a number of aspects to consider and monitor when it comes to using SEO to promote your online business, hence the requirement for a strict regiment of posting and monitoring. These are a few of the items that we, your SEO consultant or SEO agency will undertake for you.
For more information about our SEO services and targeting local businesses Contact us here